Thursday, December 10, 2009

Can I move a rabbits nest if there are no babies in it yet?

I just adopted a couple of abandoned rabbits yesterday. I don't have any rabbit supplies yet. Last night the female rabbit built a nest in my daughters playhouse. I really need to move this nest so my daughter can play. Any advice?



Can I move a rabbits nest if there are no babies in it yet?violin



Well, try this. move it. it does not matter. the rabbit will probably adapt to the new place. If she does not cooperate, just let your daughter play somewhere else. and let the rabbit sleep in the place she made her nest.



Can I move a rabbits nest if there are no babies in it yet?chinese theater opera theater



Your question sounds odd, unless you adopted rabbits then let them go free in a fenced in yard. If that is the case then restrict her area to avoid the playhouse. The rabbit will build another nesting area in a protected and shaded area. Maybe you could provide a rabbit house.
leave it
Are they wild or domestic? If they are wild, I would just leave the nest and them alone. If they are domestic, I would try to catch the pet rabbits and see if you can get a temporal cage to put them. Domestic rabbits CANNOT live in the wild, they have no natural instincts and will become food or die because of the elements.



Feel free to email me so I can help you out more with specific questions.



Also www.rabbitsonline.net is a great site with lots of helpful people and helpful, educational fast replies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd