Saturday, December 5, 2009

What kind of computer do I need?

I am looking to buy a computer from dell. I want to know what specs I need. I need it for games for my daughter and lots of music memory for me. my hubby was talking about a "gamecard"



I just want to know what gigabytes and all that means. other than that I usually just surf the net and load pics off my camera. right now I just downloaded disney playhouse and my computer is barely moving. so my compaq is obviously not what i need



What kind of computer do I need?symphony



The only Dell system worth purchasing is the XPS. With 2GB of memory (Vista is a resource hog, so nothing less will do), a 250GB hard drive (which should be fine for your needs), a 256MB Nvidia graphics card, a 20" widescreen LCD monitor, DVD dual layer burner and Vista Premium. It will spec out to $1212 (minus $30 if you do not need a modem). The model is the XPS 410



What kind of computer do I need?performing arts center opera theater



I personally advise that you stay away from Compaq and Dell. I suggest you purchase an eMachines, which I use and love, or an HP. The performance is great.



Gigabytes usually refers to the hard drive, where everything is stored. Megabytes is usually the memory, where everything is temporarily stored. Sometimes the memory can be over 1024mb, which is 1gb.



I'm working with a 256 mb memory and 60 gb hard drive. I have over 1200 songs on my computer. I have over 100,000 files. My computer is still going strong. However, I do sometimes get virtual memory errors.



It would be best to get over 512mb memory and 100 gb hard drive. The best possible computer will be 2 gb memory and 200 gb or more hard drive. Of course, you can always upgrade. Usually, a 1gb memory stick will be around $100.



As for the processor, please be up to date. It usually depends what kind you get. It's best you stay away from Intel Celeron, as it's horrible slow. I highly suggest Athlon, or if you have a bit extra money, Intel Centrino Core Duo. Stay away from Solo. The current processor speed for Athlon is about 5000+, so try to keep it near there. I'm not quite sure about Centrino though.



You can also check out http://www.cnet.com for reviews and it can help you find the best computer suited for your needs. Good luck with finding a computer!
GOOD QUESTION Janine. Glad you asked before you leaped into the market. This may sound preachy but what you ask about and didn't ask about could be important unless you are loaded with money.



You can go anywhere even to Dell and get a "grocery store" computer that will be okay, but before long you will be disappointed. It's better to buy the computer for the long term rather than buy the cheapest, then regret it.



For basics, I'd buy nothing less than:



Windows Vista Home Deluxe (the one for home gamers)



No less than 1 Gb of fastest RAM)



200 Gb hard drive



Motherboard and video card for gamers (you need the latest motherboard %26amp; video card for gamers) Vista also requires a super duper video card.



MOST IMPORTANT: Find the model(s) that comes with the software you are most likely to use, like music software, video editing software, photo editing, etc. Buying the model that comes with what you want will save you a bundle later - guaranteed.



Good Luck
lemme give you a spec list, use it as u customize your dell desktop. Since your daughter is not gonna do heavy intensive 3d gaming ( i believe ). The spec list would save you money and put ur budget around $1500, and remember its not for extreme gaming, and make sure you'll look for specs above if ur demanding a more powerful system and make sure you're ready to spend around $3500 or more,



Processor - Intel Core2 Duo E6400 ( or above )



Memory - 2GB ( is getting normal now )



Hard Drive - 320 Gb ( 30 ipods of music or 60 high intensive games or 40 DVDs equivalent )



Optical Drives - DVD ROM and DVD - DL burner and a Memory Card Reader.



Graphics - anything on Nvidia 7 series, such as Nvidia 7900 GS should do it.



this is just the specs that anyone would get, if u use the word "game" on ur question, but understanding that your girl shouldnt be an ultimate gamer i came up with an average spec that would suite ur budget and performance. I'll include a screenshot that i customized for you at Dell's Website.



http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/103/t...



please note that this system comes with a 19" analog flat pannel and if u want to u cud remove it and save some money if u dont need it. Feel free to adjust to your budget or needs by lowering the level and or brand brand of hardware that are selected , for example Hard Drive you could go for 200GB if u dont need that alot of space an save some money right there.It comes with security suite and one year of Dell's reknown exelent warranty.



make sure u know that these new pc's come with Windows Vista and look for compatibility issues with the softwares and games you use or might will in near future.



Hope my answer helped. Good luck bro.
I suggest going to the dell website. You can configure your pc by what you need it for. They give you a price range and you can pick the model off of that. Also they have a video for each major component explaining what it is used for. You can also compare the different parts so you can tell what you need. For you I recommend The dell C521, it is a good everyday computing pc.



http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/c...



For what you use on your pc, you should have at least 512mbs of ram, an 80gb hard drive, and a 256mb graphics card. They also have a few other models that could suit your needs. This desktop pc is a great choice because it has the new Windows Vista operating system and it is very slim, saving space on your desk. Hope this all helps.



Also if you want to spend a little extra money you can go with the Dell XPS pc's or try an HP, always a great system. If you really dont want to spend that much money, try Ebay or get an Emachines.



Make sure that your system comes with a monitor. I also strongly suggest getting a pc with a dual core processor (not nessecary). Make sure you get the right warranty and that all software you buy is Windows Vista compatible.
I will sugest you an assembled computer beacuse they are cost effective %26amp; performer. If you buy a computer with this conf I think You should satisfy in its speed.



Proccessor :- Intel Dual Core 2.8 Ghz



Motherboard:- ASUS/INTEL 946



RAM :- 1 GB DDR2 533 MHz



HARDDISK :-- 120 GB SATA from Western Digital or Sygate



All rest components you choice as your needs.



===========



Gigabyte is unit of memry stotage.



In digital electronic thre is a no system called binary no system.



in it



0/1 means 1 bit (such as in decimal (0/1/2 means 1 digit)



4 bits =1 nibble



8 bit= 1 byte



1024 byte = 1 kilobyte



1024 kilobyte = 1 megabyte



1024 megabyte = 1 gigabyte so on.



I hope you got what you want
do not buy from dell,compaq,or emacine thats a warning lol but get a pc with 512MB of ram or gig is better with maybe a120GB or more harddrive

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd