Saturday, December 5, 2009

What should I get my 2 year old son for Christmas/Birthday?

He will be 2 in December and I love to go all out for Christmas and Birthdays...so because I'm not rich, we need to start buying early...the thing is I just don't know what to get him this year! I was thinking about getting him a playhouse as one of the "big" gifts from Santa. He is my only child so I'm not sure if he is too young for one or not. Any suggestions?? Thanks!!



What should I get my 2 year old son for Christmas/Birthday?classical music



There tons of nice things you can get. And buying early is a common practice by many, so you don't need to feel bad about it being a financial reason. Many people do it early because they can pick out better gifts and sometimes save more because they aren't buying out of impulse.



Here's a website that has some great stuff you can check out. I'll show you a couple links to different parts of the site that might work well for you.



Christmas - http://www.sendintheclowns.ca/occasion-c...



Baby - http://www.sendintheclowns.ca/recipient-...



Kids - http://www.sendintheclowns.ca/recipient-...



Fun Stuff - http://www.sendintheclowns.ca/shops-stuf...



I hope that helps you.



What should I get my 2 year old son for Christmas/Birthday?ms stress opera theater



He is not too young for a playhouse. He will love it. I go to toys R us all the time and click on "shop by age" for ideas. Also-go to the clearance section often and see what they have on clearance. I rarley pay full price for any toys! (or clothes)



Most 2 year old boys like trucks, cars etc.. play doh, work bench, ball pit, Dr set
My son will be 2 in January and since his birthday and Christmas are so close together he won't be getting much for either (I'm not rich either lol). I know I'm going to get him a Tonka Truck for Christmas but thats about as far as I have gotten. http://www.growingtreetoys.com/age_group... %26lt;%26lt; I've been looking at this site to try and get some ideas and I'm quiet sure that if you type into your search engine "toys for 2 year olds" you will find a whole lot more. Good Luck!!
One thing my nephew loves is his carpet with the roads on it so he can drive his Cars toys on it. They have a Cars movie one at Wal-mart for about $20. He also loves his megablocks (the big legos). He's 3, had them for over a year, and still it's the first toy he gets out most days. I bought the big bag of them at Target for less than $20, then they have all kinds of accessories.
I think that he would love a playhouse.. my daughter is 14 months old and we found her a barbie jeep power wheels at a yard sale for $20 she loves it, but she can drive it yet.. Your son might like one of those. Or Some of those big plastic dumptrucks. Basically anything that rolls bounces or makes LOUD noises.
It's probably too early as two year olds usually appreciate the wrapping paper as much as the gift. I would suggest multiple small gifts like toys and books he can actually play with right then and there. Save the big gift for next year when you can see and capture that look of awe on his face when he opens the big present.
I agree with buying smaller gifts. Next year he'll be able to really appreciate what a "big" gift is. This is what I would do:



Take the budget you had planned for this year's birthday and Christmas and divide it in half. Spend half of the money for this year and save the rest for next year's gifts.



I bet he'd like to get ten Matchbox Cars! And that's only ten bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd